Oil/water gauge on Andrew's GT Junior

Andrew,

On my '67 GT Junior, there are two gauges in the same housing, one
labeled ACQUA and the other OLIO.  They're both temp gauges, and they're
both calibrated with exactly the same ranges, between 0 and (ummm...) I
think 130 degrees C.

The main thing I wanted to impart to you is not how high they go, but
what you asked about: the operating ranges of a 105 Alfa with a 1300.
When everything's going sweetly, both gauges are exactly at 80 C.  So if
your car, switch, and setup was all done properly, you should see no
flicker when you switch from oil to water.

Of course, going uphill at high speeds will raise both water and oil
temps, and the water temp typically drops faster than the oil if only
because I've got a big old heat dissipator for the water and not for the
oil -- that's what those lovely fins on the aluminium sump are for,
right?

- --Scott "Alfa?  Yes, I remember my Alfa..." Fisher