164 starter question

I am finished with my major service on my 168, and after reconnecting
the battery, I tried to start it.
	The starter only makes a solid "clack" which sounds like the soloenoid
kicking in, but the motor doesn't turn. It was fine before removal,
which suggests I did something wrong?
	The factory manual shows 2 power supply cables, and an "exciter" wire,
with a plug on the end, which is a spade connector.
	I remember only seeing 1 heavy "hot wire" to the nut on the back of the
starter. Does anyone know if there is in fact 2 hot wires on this nut
connector? I really don't want to do battle with that rear manifold
again...

	Thanks in advance.

- --

Bill Harkell