Re: GTV-6 Problems

I had similiar problems with my GTV-6 some years ago.  The engine would
studder, stop, and then start again.  It turned out to be a faulty ignition
switch.  It was replaced and the problem disapeared.

Also, does anyone out there have experience with the upgrade from APE to
update the shift linkage of the earlier GTV-6's with linkage from a late
model GTV-6?  The only information I have is from the European Cars article
on the GTV-6 web page.

Switching gears!  Whats stronger a 164 or late model VOLVO?  A 164!  my 91S
was rear ended on 880 in Hayward Ca a couple of weeks  ago by a VOLVO.  The
Volvo driver was in shock because he bought the VOLVO because it was
supposed to be so strong and safe.  My 164S had very little damage basically
the rear skirt below the bumper was damaged and the tail pipes bent
downward.  The Volvo on the other hand had the hood buckeled and the front
end relocated backwards about 6 inched from where it orginally was.  Had to
pick the grill off the freeway.  Oh well never did like Volvo's anyway.
Thankfully he was well insured.  AAA is buying a new bumper for me (you
can't get the skirt w/o buying the bumper).

		Terry Johnston
		91 164S
		83 GTV-6