RE : Badges

John Day <J.C.C.Day@domain.elided> wrote :

"Just noticed a post about badges from Mike Salter in
Liverpool. How long have you had an Alfa?  Is this the
first badge you've lost? We gave up replacing the badges on
our 33 cos they were becoming the single most expensive
part of the car (12 quid a go). I was even toying with the
idea of scanning a badge in to the computer and making lots
of coloured stickers,  naff but possibly better that two
holes at each end of the car."

I bought my first Alfasud Sprint (an '82 1.5 Veloce) in 1988. The Beastie
Boys came along around about the same time and started the badge stealing
thing. I've since had a 'sud saloon (an '82 1.3SC), a 33 ('92 1.7 S 16V), a
155 ('92 2.0 Lusso), a 146 ('96 ti) and my current '87 Sprint Green
Cloverleaf. And I've never lost a badge. Not one. Scratched one by shutting
my garage door on it the day I moved into a new house (the 155), but never
had one stolen.

So you could move to Liverpool, Rochester, Rainham (Kent), Gillingham or
Wokingham, it would appear. Maybe the answer is just to get away from
Bristol...

Guy :)