RE: alfa-911 - good idea!

> Assuming the volume is low (<5msgs/day) I will join in.
> In periods of being swamped in other things, I just file away
> the Alfa-digest for later reading (I'm allowed to dream?).
> But a low-volume to-the-point helpline I would at least look at
> the subjects before filing away. And I would try to pitch in if I
> think I could make a difference.

i can think of three instances over the past two months that would warrant a
posting to a 911 service - tom sahines' son seeking a shop in texas in a
somewhat emergency situation, another member looking for immediate advice
for a track event that was 12 - 24 hours away, or in my case, my brother
stranded in the nevada desert.  anything less than that would not be
applicable for 911, imho, so 5 messages per month might be more appropriate.

in my case, i would have loved to be able to get my plea for help to the
entire digest right away.

fwiw,

bs