Re: alfa-digest V7 #73

has anyone used polyurethane de Dion bushes?

Have not used, nor do I know of the existence of such an animal. I can however offer first-hand experience with the ES 30 spherical joint, on
my old 3.0 Milano, having just taken part in a multi car cross country trek including this vehicle. The down side to this modification is
increased noise from the rear wheel bearings and the transaxle. Surprisingly, there was very little added harshness in ride quality. There is
an odd creaking sound as the suspension works up and down, which if you have the right frame of mind is somewhat amusing. The upside is that
the rear wheels "hook up" totally positively, with absolutely no "wrap up" of the axle. Wind it up in first, catch a sharp shift to second and
let the clutch out quickly with an enthusiastic application of throttle and the tires chirp most eagerly, with no more thumping of the De Dion
tube against the bump stop. In normal driving, the modification is essentially transparent, except for the slight added noise. For those biased
towards performance, I'd recommend it.
Joel