164 Spacers and 16" OZ Wheels

"James E. Copeland III" <tripcopeland@domain.elided> writes...

>I have just installed new 16 inch OZ wheels on my 1993 164L.
Which model?  How much?  Where'd you get them?

>Are these spacers unique to USA models?
I believe so, but not 100% sure.  There were a number of changes Chrysler
made to the car before bringing it in to the U.S. - I suspect this was
one of them.

>If so, why do we get them and not other countries?
Two reasons I believe, but this is conjecture rather than first-hand
knowledge.
1) A relatively insignificant attempt of reducing torque-steer
2) An attempt of avoiding tire contact with the inner splash shield at
full lock
3) Better handling due to wider track of driven wheels

>Why don't I have similar spacers on the rear?
Numbers 1-3 above don't apply.  However, I moved these spacers to the
rear and put 1/4" spacers on the front (max you can use with the stock
bolts).

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]