164 repairs/vibrations

I have been doing some major maintenance, and the latest for the  164
owners, is:

	In regards to front end vibration, I took both drive axles to a
driveshaft rebuilding place here, and asked them to install new outer
boots, service all 4 cv joints, for safety's sake, and check for any
wear. He called and said all looked fine, so joints don't seem to be the
source of front end shimmy. Oh well, the search continues...

Nothing left but to put the axles back in and try the new clutch out.
Pedal effort is much lower.

Remaining repairs before possible "One lap":

- -reinstall axles
- -cut rotors,
- -install new pads
- -drive car :)
- --

Bill Harkell
Tampa Florida
'91 Alfa 168 B, new clutch and urethane front end bushings, services to
the nth degree. She should feel new when it's all done... :o)

http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/welcome.htm