Re: Alfetta Lower Radiator Hose

Arnoil@domain.elided wrote:
> Subject: Alfetta Lower Radiator Hose
>
> Hello Digesters:
>
> I have a question that I hope some of you Alfetta owners can help me with.  I
> have removed the radiator from my 1976 Alfetta Gt, and noticed that the lower
> radiator hose is in 3 sections.  There are two short rubber ends with a long
> metal tube in between.  The metal tube has a small bracket on it which looks
> like it should bolt to something.  However, there is nothing obvious in the
> vicinity which this bracket could attach to.
[deleted metal bit rubbing on the sump]

On my '78 Alfetta GTV, the bottom hose is the shape you describe but one
piece (of rubber :-).  Perhaps you can replace the 3 piece job with
a later model version.  The engine water input/output should be the same,
don't know about the radiator but a 2 litre radiator might be a good
upgrade if it isn't the same anyway.  Also, there is no clamp on the
rubber hose, it just flaps about down there (not enough to bump
on anything though).  They are still available brand new from your
friendly local Alfa dealer (in Sydney at least).

dave.