Rivets promote rust .. and other Australian theories

Someone, obviously Australian, wrote:

>One thing missing from the discussion about rivets so far, is that they are
>a primary cause of corrosion. The problem is due to Alfa Romeo using
>Aluminium (Aluminum) rivets in a steel body. I guess the plan was to design
>them to rust as fast as possible, so we would have to buy another one as
>fast as possible! Structural integrity doesn't really come into the
>argument,
>as all the body panels are welded together.

Jeez Wayne! You got the wrong end of the stick here, Blue!
Listen cobber, me mate.  In New Zealand our electrochemical series table
tells us that . Aluminium acts as the scrificial anode in this application
but I guess its different in Australia, huh? After all, you got Pauline
Hansen.......

Les -

Alfettas are more beautiful than 105 GTVs ... yeah, right .....