Re: more on (moron?) step noses ...

Antother one from Peter L.

- -------------------------

Hi Jack,

Just 'cause I want to bash this damn step nose thing to death,
and I violently agree with what you've been saying, I have yet another
insight on the matter.

The tribal knowledge I was exposed to was that the step nose was
easier to manufacture if you had lots of labor, but if you wanted high
volume (relative measure) production with minimal craft sensitivity,
then you wanted the sculpted nose of later GTV's. Unfortunately Alfa or
Bertone did not have the manufacturing wherewithal to make the sculpted
nose initially. So they threw labor at the problem until they could get
the tooling.

My two cents.

Peter Lundquist