RE: Spider odometer

> Can anyone help me with a problem on my recently bought 74 Spider. The
> speedometer works fine, shows more or less the correct speed, but the
> odometer seems to be counting in 1/10's or less, and the trip counter
> seems to work fine, although I can't find the reset button, I
> know where it
> is supposed to be, but it is not there.
> The speedo needle doesn't catch on right away, and sometimes I
> have to knock
> on the glass to get it rolling.
>
> Is this the just the cable gone bad, and in dire need of a new
> one, or could
> it be something more 'serious'.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated

there's only one cable feeding the speedo, so if the speed is registering
correctly then the cable must be ok.

the reset is fed off a cable coming out of the back of the speedometer.  it
might be flopping around under the dash with the end not fastened properly.

sounds like your problem is internal to the speedometer.  easy enough to
remove, slightly involved to open, easy to replace.

good luck,

bs