Spider odometer

Can anyone help me with a problem on my recently bought 74 Spider. The
speedometer works fine, shows more or less the correct speed, but the
odometer seems to be counting in 1/10's or less, and the trip counter
seems to work fine, although I can't find the reset button, I know where it
is supposed to be, but it is not there.
The speedo needle doesn't catch on right away, and sometimes I have to knock
on the glass to get it rolling.

Is this the just the cable gone bad, and in dire need of a new one, or could
it be something more 'serious'.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards

Henrik Johansen, San Francisco