Classic Motorbooks catalog & yet another Alfa Spider book

Dear Alfisti,

Just got the Fall '98 catalog of the "World's Largest Selection =

of Automotive Books & Videos" from Classic Motorbooks (CM), a
mail order book seller in the US. On page 2 of the catalog is
a small photo of Tim Parker, Pres and CEO of CM pictured with
a white Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider (Duetto)!

In terms of new Alfa offerings, CM is offering a new book
on 10/15/98 by John Tipler, "Alfa Romeo Spider--The Complete
Story." My first impression of this is, why whould anyone
need another book about the Alfa Spider? What could Mr.
Tipler possibly tell us that hasn't already been told us
by Messrs. Madaro, Owen, Derosa, Bremner, Sparrow, Braden,
etc? I guess I shouldn't complain that someone has judged
there to be enough enthusiasm out there to warrant yet
another Alfa Spider book. Anyway, Tipler's book is listed
as hardbound, 192 pages, 8 color pages for $35.95US.
CM's phone number is (800) 826-6600.

Rich