164 Oil Pressure Warning Light/New Battery

In the past there have been the odd posting about the various warning
lights on 164s coming on without obvious causes or explanation.  One theory
put forward is that this is the Alfa engaging in irrelevant communication
with its driver through whatever means it can.

Over the past few months my oil pressure warning light has been coming on -
or rather not going out after starting the car.  At first this happened
occasionally but has recently become more regular.  I put it down to a
faulty sender unit but as my 164 is regularly serviced, the oil level is
often checked and the oil pressure reading was always Ok it did not concern
me too much.

Over the same period my battery went flat a couple of times, the last time
was a couple of weeks ago first thing on a week day morning having just
loaded the kids in the car to drop them off at school before I went to
work.  The battery always read about 9v before turning over and 14 v while
driving, it had no problem charging charged well

I bought a new battery the same day (a PR instead of an HD) and I have not
seen the oil pressure warning light since!

Is there any common explanation for this or is it just my 164's way of
talking to me?

Cheers

Craig Fraser
Wellington, New Zealand
1990 168 3.0l

"Look around you Malibu Stacey.  All this was bought with dirty money, your
penthouse, your Alfa Romeo, your collagen injection clinic..."   Simpsons
episode 8F12.