164 intake runners paper gaskets

I used the green paper gaskets without any problem.
In fact I have not seen caron fiber gaskets as you described.

Regards,
Karl

With all this talk about intake problems with the 164 I have this
question, Does anyone know where to get the original type gaskets for
the intake runners and manifold? The new gaskets are green paper and 1/3
as thick as the original
 (that means 2/3 from intake runner and 2/3 from manifold which drops
runners from intake quite a bit. Old gaskets were like a carbon fiber. I
don't trust the green paper! Three dealers say this is the only
available gasket, is this true?r s 91 164 L o-town fl (but not for
long-