The Americans can chalk one up !

In Digest no.70, pondering which year GTV was the most
desirable, Brian wrote :

"....Imho the '71 provides the best of both worlds - the best
dashboard, .......clean grille....., 1750 motor......, mechanical
upgrades......such as hanging brake pedals........
.....The '69 would take the cake with it's neat seats and gasketed
windshield, but it has the problematic dual booster brake system
with floor mounted pedals that are impossible to get serviced".

Well I used to think we Kiwi Alfisti were so lucky with our carbs
instead of FI, our engines and exhausts unfettered by emmission
regs, our lightweight Euro bumpers, and so on,  but now I find we
might have won on the swings but we lost on the roundabouts.....
my '71 1750 GTV has some of the very things the US 1971s seem
to have got rid of, namely "the problematic dual booster brake
system with floor mounted pedals that are impossible to get
serviced".  Looks the Americans stole a march on us there! I'll
never be able to snigger behind my palm about Americanised
Alfas again.   Actually I think there were some postings a few
weeks back about differences between GTV years..... the pedal
and booster layout came up there too, I think, but I didn't pay
attention then.

Regards,
Graham H,
New.Zealand.
GTV, Alfetta, Alfasud (well at least we do have SUDs here!).