euro/us parking lights for bertones

Dana asks
"Mark Battley took a different tack, asking how the front parking lights on
US model coupes were mounted.  They were suspended from the bottom of the
bumpers, and the front sheet metal does not have a cutout for the lights.
I cannot guess the reason for this difference between the US- and
World-market coupes.  It would not have been dicated by US regulations at
the time.  "

My two cents on the issue is that the euro's were so configured to have
both the orange turn indicator and a white parking light in the same
housing, in the front valence.  Of course, the US version has a combination
turn indicator and parking light in the same orange light.
I am guessing that US regulations required an orange parking light,
whereas European practise was, and still is, white for parking lights.
It's also my understanding that duetto's have the same type of confusion,
with early cars having clear (white) parking/turn signal lenses and later
US cars having orange.  I'm not a Duetto expert, so please correct me
if I'm wrong on that.

This whole business is going to a pain for me when I get to go through
the German TUeV with my us version bertone, as I've been told that they
absolutely require white parking lights (Standlichten oder Parkleuchte).
If this proves to be true, I'll have to install some tiny additional
white lights somewhere, or see if they will accept the main headlight
beams as a parking light.

If anyone in europe can comment on this, please do!

Cheers,
Neil

Aachen, Germany
74 gtv in progress