cold start solenoid and thermo-time switch

While trouble shooting my 3.0 transplant into the GTV-6,
I discovered that the cold start solenoid was not working.
I replaced it and still no luck. I then assumed that the thermo-time switch
was the culprit. I tested it's resistance against the block with a OHM
meter and
it was not grounding properly.  When tested against itself it was fine,
when tested against
it's housing, again ok. When tested against any other ground, other than
its own housing,
it was not reading properly. The problem was that its housing was not
grounding to the rest of the car!
All the Permatex I used in the assembly process was insulating it and its
housing from the
rest of the car. Instead of disassembling the whole mess, I chose to simply
run a ground wire
from it's housing to the body and it now works fine.
If anybody is contemplating placing a 3.0 L into an older (pre-84) GTV-6,
which requires
swapping the entire injection harness, let me know.  It's easier than you
might
think, and the increased torque is quite worth it.

Jim Boniface
67 Duetto
79 Alfetta
82 GTV-6 3.0