Throttle

Hi,

I was driving into Washington, D.C, over the memorial bridge with Monica'=
apartment on my right, and
all of sudden my throttle was stuck open while shifting, and it proceeded=

to peg the engine at
around 8300 RPM.  I had to restart the engine to unstick the throttle.  I=

have examined all of the linkages and they seem fine, and have replaced
(with a used from a parts car) the throttle return
spring, that attaches to the body.  That spring appeared slightly
streached.  I have never heard
of this problem.  Has anyone had a similar problem ? I was thinking of
replacing all of the
plastic pieces at the end of the throttle rods, the rubber bushing for th=
rod, and try and get a new
spring.  Does this seem like a good approach ? Has anyone had this proble=
before  and what was the solution ? I would like hear what it is.

Thanks,
Doug Kunzman
3 84 Alfa Spiders (1 parts)