RE: alfa-digest V7 #61

>From: Marcus Alley <alley@domain.elided>
>Subject: Bertone GTV bumpers

>Both the front and the back bumpers have a pair
>of 'extensions'.

>Were they a "euro" spec thing?  Or were they owner modified?  All the
GTV's
>I've seen (which really isn't that many) have the extensions.

the bumper overriders appear to be a series1/series2 thing.

There are two distinct types of 1750 bumpers here - early and late types
- - the early type is 'more solid' than the late type, which is lighter
weight, but not as nice looking.  the early type had mounting holes for
the front turn signals.  the later 1750s had the turn signals mounted on
the body.  The series 1 bumpers are Stainless Steel.  I dont know about
the later ones.  They are much more flimsy (I have a set in my shed...)
and Id be very impressed if they actually functioned a 'bumpers'

if you have a look at the image gallery on my home page, most of the
1750's dont have them, but there are exceptions.  the exceptions all
seem to be the series 2 (later model) however.  Ive never seen a series
1 with overriders.

Ben
'68 1750 GTV
The 1750 Page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5949/index.html