Names

Dell'orto and de Dion are both the accepted spellings in published
literature and also correct for the rules of their respective languages.

As for giubo vs. guibo, because I've only read the terms on the
Internet, where correcting someone's spelling is considered Bad Form, I
have no idea what the actual Italian word is.  I am left to assume that
a giubo goes on a Giulia or Giulietta, and a guibo goes on a Guilia or a
Guilietta.  Or perhaps there was a little-known Alfa model called a
Guido?  What does d'Amico-Tabucchi have to say?  Or would we do better
to look in a history of Alpha-Romeros?  Or would the typical net.moron
response be to tell me I'm just being "to wierd" and I must be "loosing
it"?

Oh, and while we're being punctilious, it's M.G., not MG.  Why?  Because
Cecil Kimber said so (though the common explanation -- that they
represent the oil spots under the car, is not entirely without merit).
But that's a subject for a different list.

- --Scott "The naming of cars is a difficult matter" Fisher

End of alfa-digest V7 #60