early GTV6 iso-advise

Hello All,
          I am in desparate need of help. My GTV6 has been off the road
for three weeks now and i'm going insane. It started  with changing the
syncromeshes, but the isostatics seemed like a good idea, and now the
whole thing is stuffed. I've changed the internal selector shaft, the
gearbox mount, beaten the floor panels, cut shortened and welded a 90
(85-88 transaxle bigger than Milano/75) selector shaft, but now i cannot
select any gears, you can move the leaver in all directions like it isn't
hooked up (even though it is) and it is not self centering. I can't find
help on the GTV6 page, has someone got some advise for me??? Where have i
gone wrong??? Should i also use an isostatic  shift lever??? Any help much
appreciated, i need to get back behind the wheel, i just plain need it!!!

Thanks, Chris
'83 GTV6
Sydney, Australia.