156 Nice Bits

Had to pass this on. This morning at our friendly Alfa workshop
(Continental Cars, Wellington) a new 156 was getting a new set of springs
all round. The new springs were thicker shorter Eibach beauties (I've used
these in a 75/Milano) and were going to lower the car about 40 mm giving it
a more purposeful look. What really grabbed me though were the suspension
components - top arm of the special type double wishbone front was
all-alloy! So I dived under the rear - Continental's garage floor is mighty
clean - and WALLAH! - alloy all over the place like you wouldn't believe,
more like a GTA than a modern plasticmobile. I must admit that the Group A
GTV6 had alloy front suspension components - very nice forgings.

Hey! things are looking up, but I still would not trade my GTV for a modern
.... my 1928 Rugby ... perhaps!  Later ....

Les - thawing out after standing around teaching geology in cold drizzle
all afternoon near the sea.........Worst part was driving the Japanese van
to get there.