car cover .02

I've mentioned my generally positive experience with Ultralon covers a
couple of times over the years and they're still going strong 3+ years
later.  The spider's under it everyday.  My Audi is garaged at night and
covered at work.  Frequently cover even at work garage to dry nighttime
dew which promotes growths that look ugly and ruin water repellancy.
Frequently cover spider in lieu of putting up top.  Rollbar prevents sag
that would make swimming pool.  Provides better protection against UV
than top alone.

When the water repellancy decreases, I wash in a large commercial
machine and use their drier on the low setting.  Next washing I'll also
toss in some Nikwax repellant.

The seam tape is starting to come off the Audi's cover, which has been
installed/removed hundreds of times.  Since Ultralon isn't really
waterproof, the seam tape is fairly superfluous (OK I'm used to
Gore-tex..) anyway.

Had one cover stolen from in front of my house.  So always lock.  Custom
covers are easier to install because the rear view mirrors help hold it
in place despite wind.

end brain dump

Robert Hardwick, seattle
'90 164 (garaged home & work)