Electrical Help

Greetings,
This is my first post to this group, although I have been reading it for a
while.  My issue is on my 88 Spider Veloce that has suddenly developed
electrical problems.  The car was fine until I decided to thoroughly clean
the interior this weekend.  The only things that I disassembled in this
process were the display pod (to remove a dead gnat that had been bugging me
(NPI!) for the last two years) and the pushbutton switches at the base of
the gear selector.  After reassembly, everything appeared to function
correctly and the car looked great!.  Monday morning on my way to work I
turned on the AC and got only warm air (I don't even know if this is
related.  I just had the AC serviced and it has been working like a champ).
The car ran fine and I did not notice anything else until Monday evening
when the display illumination did not come on with the lights.  I checked
all of the appropriate fuses (or so I thought) and proceeded to disassemble
the display pod again.  With all of the instruments removed I began testing
the connectors for voltage.  All of the message indicators were receiving
voltage but the display illumination was not.  I then removed ALL of the
fuses and found that the number 2 fuse (Map Light in the manual) was blown.
I replaced it with another 20 fuse and it blew within the minute.  With no
more 20 fuses left, I, like a moron, put a 30 fuse in its place.  My poor
Map Light smoked until the 30 blew.  I now have a disassembled interior and
no idea where to look next.  I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions and
the location of a good wiring schematic.

Thanks,

Philip Walton
98 Volvo S70
88 Spider Veloce