Overheating coolant

On 08/24/98 at 09:10 PM,

   FERDINANDO DI MATEO <fredalfa@domain.elided> said:

> Subject: Re: alfa-digest V7 #54RE: Tom Suter's coolant observations

> Tom is, as usaual, quite correct in most of his obervations.  But
> Tom lives in SoCal and does not experience Northern Winters where a
> thermostat is an absolute neccesity.   I maintain the unit must
> regulate the flow in order to hold the temperatures at ideal, or
> close to ideal. I bow to Tom's long winded article because I know
> there must be some out there that want the details.   Fred Di Matteo

No argument from me on that subject.  I thought that I had said
exactly that in the last paragraph - though only those who consider a
visit to the dentist to be an enjoyable experience are likely to have
gotten that far.  All of my comments up to that point were dealing
strictly with the question of possible overheating in the absence of a
thermostat or its functional equivalent.

With best wishes,
Tom
etsuter@domain.elided