RE: rumble in '69

Ben,

Ooh! Chilling diagnosis! I don't *think* that's what I'm hearing, but I =
won't discount it entirely. I've heard loose rod bearings before and to =
me they're more like a rattle or rap and are very evident whenever the =
engine is under load. What I'm hearing is a mechanical rubbing/rumbling =
sound that is transient and occurs only upon initial acceleration in =
first gear. It's like a drivetrain component is displacing under torque, =
shifting the driveshaft and causing it to rub against the tunnel. As =
soon as the car is in motion, the drivetrain seeks its normal position =
and the noise stops.

Good luck with your GTV.

Bob Abhalter
Grand Rapids MI