RE: Handbrakes

Thanks to everyone who responded regarding my rolling 164.  Your
experiences seem to confirm the cooling brake disc theory.  I wouldn't
expect the rear brakes to be worked all that hard, but putting my hand
near them after driving they seem almost as warm as the fronts.  I guess
I'll try to see if they could be binding slightly, and I'll want to have
a word with my garage, who adjusted the handbrake a few thousand miles
back, to see what they think.

Well the insurance machinery is in motion, but it's going to be a few
weeks before they're ready to repair it (waiting for a courtesy car
seems to be the main delay) so I'll have to swallow my pride and drive
around in a heavily dented car for a while.  The insurer's approved
repairer wants to check the car on a jig, because a ripple appeared half
way along the rear wing.  The bodyshops I originally went to didn't even
contemplate this, so I hope that means that it will be done properly,
and to my satisfaction, first time (yeah, I can dream).

- --
Jonathan Wolff <jon@domain.elided>
Programmer
Argonaut Software Ltd.