Barney Car

Thanks to the several sharp digesters who where familiar enough with
horticulture and/or paint colors to point out my misspelling of the flower
Amaranth. Oops, and I put it all over my web site that way! Anyway thanks
for the input, to those who posted information and to those who responded
off digest. I am looking forward to hunting down a set of paint chips or an
elusive original car.

Lately though, I am worrying less about the paint and more about the
structure and mechanicals. First on the agenda is to replace the sagging
hinges in the passenger side door. Thank God the drivers side has been done
already, it is only a problem when I have a passenger. Next is the sorting
of a new RML ignition system I purchased to replace the old distributor and
coil. The problem is too much ping. It looks to me like too much total
advance, but they think there may be other, perhaps fuel related, problems.
No complaints about RML as they have asked me to send back the distributor
for a check of the advance curve on their machine. Once it is sorted I will
report back for those considering a purchase.

Uva will be back on the track in another week, at a AROSC sponsored
driver's school at the Streets of Willow. A decidedly fun little track. We
can't wait.

Eric

66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (Uva Bella)
et al