Milano Drivetrain/clutch problems

As noted earlier my clutch has started to slip and occasionally grind going
into first and third. The complete unit was replaced two years and 18K miles
ago, so there is no reason for it to go so soon, even though my dear spouse
has been driving the car for past two months. A month ago I had the front
donut replaced and following that there was a slight judder whenever I took
off in 1st., and an even more noticeable judder starting off in 2nd. Probably
because front bolts had been tightened before the center bearing and rear
bolts had been, so that driveshaft was not balanced properly. Could that have
any bearing (ouch !) on the clutch going out of whack - in approx. 300 miles ?
Or could it possibly be the clutch slave unit on its way out, as that was not
replaced.
Fred - any ideas on this ?
Graham Arlen. Oakland CA