Milano Clanking

My '88 Milano Verde gave me a new surprise today.  Basically a fairly loud
clanking noise that appears to be coming from the propshaft area. The noise is
only at idle, when the car is fully warm.  Pushing the clutch pedal in makes
no difference.  We put the car on a lift and verified everything is tight, and
nothing is hitting. The noise will go away for a few seconds and then come
back.  The donuts (all) and the center support bushing have been done within
the last 6 months.  Also within the last 6 months we changed the rear motor
mount and the gearbox mounts. There are no vibrations associated with this
noise at all.  My mechanic is stumped at this point.  Any ideas?

Tony Brucia
Long Island , NY