Re: Alfas as tow cars

At 10:00 AM 8/19/98 EDT, JHertzman@domain.elided wrote:
>I am not up on the weights of
>aerobatic aircraft (or any others) but if Joe Chan's formula vee car weighs
>appreciably more than the airplane I would think some lessons on structural
>efficiency might be learned by the car-builders.

a Vee is required to weight a little over 1000 lbs. the chassis is mandated
to be steel tube frame construction, the front axles are required to be
type 1 bug pieces, and the rear suspension is mostly type 1 bug as well.
steel bug wheels are also required.

because of the amount of steel that's required by the rules, it's hard to
make a vee all that light.

richard
  (who occasionally drives a rental vee)