Tensioner bracket

Tony, I do remember writing the article but have no idea which issue it
was in.  Maybe John Hertzman can dig it out, he has a system of indexing
I never tried to adopt.
If I rememer correctly, the retainer was to hold the coil spring in
place so it would sit in its proper position on the backing plate.
Since the new type tensioners, I have not even seen a hydraulic one in
several years.  I'd consider getting a modified one from Sperry that
will last a long time without leaking oil.  Regards, Fred Di Matteo  USA
AROC Tech Advisor, Fort Myers, Florida