Leaks past the threads while bleeding

I could never get the one-man bleeding systems to work either, but then
someone told me the trick:

Wrap a layer of thin teflon tape around the bleed nipples. This seals them
while they are loosened for bleeding, as well as ensuring that they don't
freeze in place once the job is done and they are all tightened up.

This works like a charm with the Mityvac pump, and I am sure it would work
with the other suggested methods as well.

Peter.