GTV 6 Steering Problem

Greetings all,

Last week, my 85 GTV 6 suddenly developed a rather noticeable dead spot in
the steering. It wasn't a gradual thing, either. One day is was fine, the
next day, it was bad. The dead spot has gotten progressively worse, with the
car starting to drift side to side a bit while driving. Also, there is now a
rather blatant creaking coming from the front end when I get in and out of
the car. It sounds like it's coming from the left side. Any ideas? Steering
rack? Could it be tie rod ends?

TIA,

Darren
85 GTV 6 Gran Turismo - San Antonio