V6 Oil?

I've got an 2.5 V6 in my Milano.
In my last oil change I went from Mobil 1, 15W-50 to non syn 10W-40.  Soon
after I started to notice oil drippings for the first time under my car.  To
try to stem the drippings I'll next try some non-syn 20W-50, and if that
doesn't do it, I'll go back to the Mobil 1.

My only reason for going to a non-syn is to save a few bucks.

I'm sure this is a well traveled thread, but does anyone have any coments on
the sudden onset of drips and what oil I should be using?

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano Platinum