Seat belt followup/rollbars

Thanks to everyone for the advice and explanation regarding seat
belts.  This is truely a great forum, for not only have I learned to
never reuse a head gasket, but I now know the difference between 3, 4,
5 and 6 point harnesses.

This leads me to a follow-up question about the seat belts.  I like
the idea of Simon's harness bar:

    sf> I had a straight steel bar made up with "ears" on it.  The bar
    sf> is bolted to both sides of the car forming a pretty rigid
    sf> structure.  The bar sits just behind the front seat backs just
    sf> below shoulder level.  The shoulder harnesses wrap around the
    sf> bar with appropriate hardware to secure them.

So related to this, what kind of experience do people have with roll
bars in a GTV?  My intention is that the car will be primarily for
street use, with an occasional track-school session.  The AR Ricambi
catalog that I have lists two, the GTV SCCA (#866009) and the GTV
Street (#866109).  They also carry an Autopower roll cage, but that
would be probably be overkill for what I want.  Is the SCCA bar
taller?  Harder to install?  I'm not adverse to removing the rear
"seats" if room is a problem.  I suppose I could just call and ask,
but I'm also looking for personal stories.  I like the idea of the
added safety, because you never know (at least around here) when
you're going to be clocked by the distracted, cell-phone wielding,
Navigator driver that's just learned that their options portfolio has
bottomed out.

Thanks a lot,
Marc Alley