GTV-6 questions

This Saturday I am going to test drive a 1983 GTV-6 that is for sale at
a low price.  I've seen the car, and can't find any rust on the body.
It's been sitting for a couple of years (although started and jockeyed
around the block periodically.)  The paint has a patina of small cracks,
but is otherwise intact.  The owner bought a 164 and let the GTV-6 sit.
The car has been maintained by the same Alfa mechanic I use, and I have
access to all maintenance records.

Known problems: 2nd gear synchro (surprise!) and potential clutch work
in the near future.  130k miles.  I've started the car (started very
easy, and the engine was cold.)  Idles a little rough, but that could be
from lack of driving and old gas in the tank.  Or a problem in the
engine...

Is there anything particular about this year model that I should know
before going to drive it?  Since I'm a checkbook mechanic, I'm looking
at this car as a long-term learning project for me... my mechanic has
offered to teach me how to work on the car if I buy my parts from him
(reasonable trade to me... he'll make a profit off the parts and I'll
make a profit off the knowledge.)

Thanks!

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "Snow Hawk", 148k miles, now with R134a A/C!