Concours Italiano Reminder

I've been busy adjusting to a new job, so pardon me if this thread has
been discussed already!

	Those of you planning on attending the Concours Italiano this year
	MUST keep an eye out for a special car to be on display. The car
	is a prototype Giulietta Spider, serial number 1495.00007. It
	originally made the rounds 40-some odd years ago, starting at
	the Paris Auto Show to introduce the Spider to the public, and
	then went across the U.S. as marketing fodder. The car has been
	restored to its original condition (off-white paint, stem
	shifter, etc.) by the current owner... twice! (One restoration
	was done before he figured out exactly what the car was, and
	now he would like it to be accurate.)

	The owner is John Louraine, from Tacoma, Washington. Say hi! to
	him, and if ANY of you have Giulietta stories to share, please
	do so! John doesn't subscribe to the digest.

	[We're off to Monterey ourselves early tomorrow morning...
	(wearing Porsche garb, of course....) Saw a few of the EARLY cars
	recently in Colorado at a Concours and there have been promises
	that more wonderful cars will be on display at the Historics. My
	personal fave is the 356 racing coupe which won its class at
	LeMans in 1951. The 356/1 prototype ("The Gmund Car") got bashed
	recently on a trip with Lufthansa and hopefully will have been
	repaired to be on display at Monterey. Okay, enough P-car talk.]

	See you all at Quail Lodge!

Tess

A website about sportscars?!
http://www.halcyon.com/tessmc/