Carbon-metallic brakes and magnesium wheels response

My experience with carbon-metallic pads is that they can be fine if you
enjoy cleaning the black off your wheels on a regular basis. I also had a
set of carbon-metallics that went thru a set of rotors in one race weekend.
I think I had gotten them from Pegasus.
I have also used carbon-kevlar pads which are super on all counts except
black filth.

Since then I either use the stock ATE pads which are quite adequate for the
street. For time trialing I use Ferodo pads either the race D-11s or their
performance pad (2459, I think). And they are CLEAN. Ferodo seems to make
quality stuff. Try Porterfield in LA (714) 548-4470, they might have them.

MAGNESIUM wheels - If those are really magnesium wheels, watch out. My
experience from the Navy in the 50's is that magnesium helo rotor heads
corroded easily. Try sticking a thin wire into one of the corrosion pin
holes and you might find that there is a cavity hidden beneath. The Navy no
longer uses it for that reason. Magnesium might be alright if one could
avoid road salt, dirt, water, dew, etc. It also might be possible that
those corroded mag wheels could be deterimental to your continued
existence.

Rube Erickson  end