RE: 105 Brake Questions

I have rebuilt the ATE (not original) front brakes for our 66 Giulia TI and
I've got a couple of questions for the collective experience of the Digest:

1.	The pistons have a cutout notch, which the manual states has to be
set in the correct position.  Pat Braden's Bible also refers to this process
and names two tools for correctly setting this position. Tool A20160 is for
the front brakes and A20149 is for the rear brakes. The Bible only shows a
drawing of tool A20149 which can be copied to a piece of cardboard.  Does
anybody know where I can get a drawing of tool A20160, or the actual tool,
so I can do the front brakes?

2.	What is the function of the cutout notches. I have looked at the
assembly and I can't see why the notches are there or what they do. I have
this feeling that I'm overlooking the obvious here, but you don't learn if
you don't ask questions. I just hate to do adjustments and procedures on an
automobile without understanding what it is I'm doing.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers, comments and theories.

Richard Broughton
Columbia, SC
1966 Giulia TI