Wheel balance weight bomb

[list admin's note: when i put "XXX" in the list of taboo strings for
message bodies, it didn't to me that it was often used as a symbolic value
for speeds we'd rather not admit to. anyway, this is why violations on the
taboo strings get sent to me, and not simply bitbucketed -- rpw]

About one ago, I was no a trip to Los Angles on I-5 driving
my 164S.  As my speed was approach xxx, suddenly I heard a loud
sound like my car was hit by a high speed rock. Afterward,
I noticed steering vibrates a lot.  I thought one of the
rocks was released from the new tire groove.

Well last night, As I removed the left front wheel, to
my horror, I found a big hole in plastic wheel well cover.
But the biggest surprise was when I removed the cover,
a big wheel balance weight fell to the ground.  It wasn't
a rock hit me !

This new tire was recently purchased and put on by a local
tire center to replace a tire punctured beyond repair.
They didn't use the sticker weight inside the wheel.
They use the one that grab on lip of wheel.  I think this
type of weight is not good, especially for high speed driving.

I will take this wheel back to tire center to see what they
say.  Of course I will not say I am driving at xxx high speed.

Karl 92 164S

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]