Re: wet/dry compression test

Richard you wrote,
<<
Before you get <too> committed to either a ring job or valve job, do make
sure you are not getting bubbles in the coolant.  Some of these V6 head
gaskets were weak.

I would never have posted the question if for a moment I had thought it was a
head gasket. I worked for Fel-Pro, the world's finest maker of head gaskets,
for 5 years and the embarrassment would have precluded me for posting a
message that would so negatively reflect upon my perceived expertise. But,
then, if it does turn out to be a head gasket I would never admit it to
anyone. Seriously though, when I replaced the one bent valve, (one bent or so
I think/thought) I put on a very familiar gasket, the Goetze Astedur. It was
the major competition to Fel-Pro on a number of import and domestic
applications, and, is a good gasket, though not as good as Fel-Pro's.
Unfortunately Fel-Pro does not make a gaskets for Alfas.

Thanks for your insight,
John Katos