GTs, GTVs, and so on

been following the discussion with interest and I guess just about
everything has been said  with some excellent accounts from John Hertzman,
Brian Shorey and others,  except that people are lumping all these types
together ... and hence the confusion. Refer to Fusi - the earlier "GTVs"
were properly designated Giulia ..., so we had the Giulia Sprint GT, Giulia
Sprint GTV, Giulia GT 1300 Jr, Giulia GTA, and Giulia GTA 1300 Jr.

With the introduction of the 1750, gone was the "Giulia" name; the cars
became the 1750 GTV, and later the 2000 GTV. Incidentally this latter one
should not be called GTV 2000 ... never ever! Why ? because it bugs me!,
and .."it is something, up with which ,I will not put"  - (that's
Australian-speak).  But seriously, the GTV 2000 is the Alfetta GTV, as is
the GTV 2.0.  Worse still in my book is to call them "Nords" ... yuk! .. a
designation not found anywhere but perpetrated I believe by ignorami. (Heh,
heh! this will start something.)

Talking of which, I like the style of Asaf, the inventor of the cool Alfa
Screensaver - he has the cars grouped into Alfa Romeos ... and ...
Alfasuds... a division I particularly like. Well done! (More flames, keep
'em coming).

Re body details etc: there have been changes, some subtle some not, over
the years between the 1750s and 2000s. The obvious ones have been pointed
out and most of the confusion arises because the US cars retained many1750
GTV features till the end of production, wheras the rhd cars we got here
were significantly different. Most interesting are the 1972 1750 GTVs which
were built up by Mr Alfa using his parts bin: for example they have the
1300 GT Jr's black plastic horn button surround instead of the nice
mahogany one of the other 1750s. Lots of other features as well but can't
remember them all. Incidentally, its funny seeing various Juniors that bear
a superficial resemblance to the 2000 GTV being described as those, even in
reputable books and magazines........

Those of you who remember Olga, will realize that all of the above is true.

Les in warm and sunny Wellington, New Zealand
"Gonna drive my car,
	Where the wild things are,
		Got a ....
			Green GTV.."