Facing your accuser

<<<<<
On another listserv I follow, this discussion came up and one fellow
said that this ticket could be contested because the officer issuing the
ticket did not have first hand knowledge of the infraction, the argument
being the ticket was "hearsay".  Anyone have first hand experience with
this or a lawyer that could substantiate such a claim?

My sister-in-law is an attorney, and under Arkansas law, the officer who
witnessed the infraction MUST appear in court if you challenge.  It goes
back to the Fourth Amendment (I think) where you have the right to be
faced with, and cross-examine, your accuser.

In my reading of this, if the airplane cop radars you and another
officer tickets you, the airplane cop must appear in the court.
Otherwise, you are not able to face your accuser.

For what it's worth...

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1985 Milano Platinum, "Snow Hawk", 148k miles