wierd happenings on the digest

I remember once there was a thread about sticking starters. I recall
thinking to myself "that's pretty strange" Then a few weeks later I started
the Alfetta and the starter stuck. It kept cranking after I switched it off
and pulled the key out. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop.

A week or so ago someone was discussing a coolant leak at the base of their
timing cover. I took note of it because this had just happened to my truck.
Well guess what - I noticed some coolant leaking out of the Alfetta
yesterday and you can figure where it's coming from.

It was over 100 deg yesterday so I didn't bother to get into it but as I
began thinking about it I'm realizing that this is going to be a real pain
in the ass to fix - much worse than the truck was.

Am I right in assuming I'm going to have to pull the head off and maybe the
pan as well since the oil pump is bolted to the timing cover?

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@domain.elided