Re: Lead again for Spica

Fred D. wrote:

>Karl Maxon thinks he'll need lead for his Spica pump.  My simple reply
>is, FORGET IT, the pump will last many thousands of miles with unleaded
>fuel.  That thread has been beaten to death forever, I hope.  Fred Di
>Matteo  AROC Tech advisor, Fort Myers, Florida

Fred - I suspect that what you really ment to say was "the pump will last
many HUNDREDS of thousands of miles". My experience out here in California,
where we have had nothing but unleaded for a couple of decades, is somewhere
between 300,000 and 400,000 before the old SPICA soldier starts to give it
up.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project