Re: Poor ALFETTA

In message , Thomas Baumen <thmelda@domain.elided> writes
Snipped bit from Kathy Jo which you should have already read:-
>Interesting commentary Kathy Jo. My experience owning an Alfetta has exposed
>me to the negative side of the ALFA enthusiass to the point that I am
>unenthused. I purchased a rust free one 2 years ago and played with it,
>fixed it up really nice. I drive it all over the place and run the crap out
>of it, it loves it but the snobs look down there nose at it. I have
>advertised it for sale only to get phone calls I would rather have not
>received. One person called here so angry that I would ask that much. He
>told me his friend (a local Portland self proclaimed expert) had told him
>there wasn't an ALFETTA on earth worth over $2000.00 and certainly mine was
>worth only $800.00 even though he had not seen it and had no intention of
>looking. I have had replies from digesters that told me ALFETTAS were not
>worth even scrap value. I assumed these people were just trying to get a
>deal. What is too bad is that they are nice little cars that can be quite
>fast and handle nicely. People out of the llop think that they are pretty
>and often ask what that is. Sadly when the ALfettas are finally all gone
>some lamenter will begin a thread about the unavailability of affordable
>ALFAS and how what ever happened to all the ALFETTAs. I don't understand the
>negative attitude about a nice little car that although not a spider or
>MOntreal is still an ALFA ROMEO and a two door at that!!!!!!!!!!
>just my ignorance
>Thomas Baumen

So Il Monstro is crap? It's an Alfetta after all, as is the Milano, no?
They've got the same suspension, gearbox, engine, brakes (?).
MY Alfetta is beautiful and worth more than 2000 US$. In the USofA the
car prices I see are always ludicrous, much less than $2900 for a '82
GTV6? Give me a break, thats what we in the UK pay for a Milano thats no
good for attracting the opposite sex.
How many more times, it's the car, not the name. If I like my car, then
please have the decency to respect that, whatever it is.
Some people get upset if vintage Alfas are pampered, yet others get
upset if they are raced hard and damaged. It's my car and I'll do what I
want with it, if you enjoy watching then that's OK but if you dont,
watch someone else or buy your own.

- --
Jonathan Coates
164LV6 Daily driver