Middle Muffler

Digesters,
     I need to replace my exhaust system.  I've noticed that there is no
upgraded middle muffler for the 89 grad.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Can I take the hot rodder route and use a straight pipe and cherry bombs?
Can I find  an aftermarket part with a little  more finnished sound and
look?  Headers to ? to ansa or similar.  What would you do?
Thanks,

"We shan't do anything even without our heads, in spite of the fact that it
is our heads that mostly interfere with our understanding."
Dostoyevsky